Hello, friends and fans!
I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of insights into my book “When Darkness Calls“, now available on Amazon!
- “When Darkness Calls” was first published via Moon Books Publishing in January 2020.
- The audiobook version, narrated by Miciah Dodge.
- The story started out as a memoir of true-life events that took place in my home town of Port Elizabeth over the holiday season of December 2011.
- All the characters in the story were actual people, although I changed all their names for what I believe are fairly obvious reasons.
- Yes, these events were all 100% real. The story presents all the events relevant to the incident faithfully and in detail as they happened, as I remember them.
- In 2012 I began to post the story on various forms of social media platform as a serial in four parts. These were condensed into one single story in 2015.
- I turned the serial into a novella in 2020, and named it “When Darkness Calls“.
- The story is a novella instead of a novel because it contains the whole story. It’s not longer because it’s not made up – simple. It’s a recollection of what really happened and nothing more.
- The setting for the story really was called “the White House” because it literally is a big white house on the crest of a hill. It’s a real place in Port Elizabeth, exactly as I described in the story.
- The issue of “lost footage” was not just a device to excuse the disappearance of some videos and other evidence, but this really did happen as explained in the book.
- If you think this story is all made-up bullshit, you’d be surprised to learn that I was actually taking several huge risks, not the least of which were various legal repercussions I could’ve opened myself up to had it all not worked out the way it did.
- Photos and videos taken during these events were shared in several articles, and are 100% genuine. Though, by themselves, they don’t really prove anything.
- No, I have never returned to the White House since, nor set foot inside it again. Nor do I plan to.
- If you think I wasn’t frightened, you’re wrong. I was.
- I have since lost contact with everyone else mentioned in the book. We’ve all gone our separate ways.
Well, that’s that – a list of things you probably never knew about When Darkness Calls. You can find it on Amazon as an eBook and paperback, and in audiobook format too.
I truly hope you enjoy reading it!
- “When Darkness Calls” – Actually A True Story
- New Release: When Darkness Calls Audiobook
- When Darkness Calls – A Map Of The White House!