Good morning, friends and fans!
Welcome to a “Peek Into My Week”! Here’s a look at some of my latest news: November 14, 2022!
Here are some things that happened this past week:
News About Writing & Publishing: This Is The Current State Of Things
Let’s take a look at the current status quo on various ongoing issues affecting my writing or publishing:
- Audiobooks on ACX: The process of transferring my audiobooks from Moon Books Publishing’s ACX account to Nigel Peever’s ACX account is under way. “Opsaal”, “Black Sunrise”, “The Time Saving Agency”, “Dead Man’s Hammer”, “Loderunner”, “Prodigal Sun”, “Dead Beckoning”, “A Way of Life”, “Malice!” and “Christina Engela’s Strangely Compelling Science Fiction Anthology” have already been transferred to Nigel. Only three titles remain to be transferred. On Saturday I received the good news that Nigel’s kindness to help me out has also led to his decision to start Peever Publishing, and that I now have a new publisher to handle my audiobooks!
- Outstanding royalties: As of 7 November, Elizabeth confirmed the amount outstanding and will be sending payments monthly in future. I can’t say I’m not disappointed somewhat, about the amount, but then Brandon did die and was unable to do his usual marketing from his side. I received the first payment on Tuesday the 8th. Times are hard and I understand that she’s a widow, but I’m also relieved that this issue is finally resolved!
- Recording & New Audiobooks: Darla Middlebrook, the awesome lady who narrated the Quantum Series, informed me last Monday that she was busy shaking off a touch of cold before resuming recording of Panic! Horror In Space! I really am looking forward to hearing the rest of her samples! In the meantime, Jennifer Pratt, who recorded “Mirror, Mirror” and “Space Sucks!” has asked to record “Space Sucks Too!”… er, too! There’s also a chance she might be interested in recording “Sentinel” as well!
- Writing: On Tuesday I wrote a new short story almost 3000 words long, I called “It Happened In Late October”. It will feature in the third volume of “Space Sucks!” which, when it’s released one day, will be called “Space Really Sucks!”.I also added a couple of exciting scenes in Book 4 in Quantum, “Underground Movement” during the week. The story is now also at over 45,000 words.
- Articles: On Tuesday I shared my first year review of my new car, “Review: Mahindra’s KUV 100 NXT K2+ # Dare“. It has been getting a lot of attention – pop along to have a look for yourself! I also posted “Free Audiobook: Blachart, book 1 in the Galaxii Series“.
- Marketing: I spent some time updating various listings and profiles of mine on a bunch of different author databases and the like to reflect recent changes in book url’s/links etc. Last week I also announced the launch of a webzine called “Schtick!”. I also took down my old Innovation DIY website because of issues regarding an SSL certificate and getting one to work on that site, as it was a subdomain of my main website. What was the point of keeping it, if Chrome wouldn’t let people (including ME) see it?! Anyway, I migrated all 80+ articles on it to this website, so they’re all available under the category of “DIY articles” now. During the week, I created a book store on PayHip, linked to my website, from where I could sell my eBooks independently, without all the fooferah of installing ecommerce plugins to my site. I also did a lot of behind the scenes updating and upgrading. I also created a new email account specifically to handle fan-mail and writing-related correspondence. I’m looking forward to getting your mail!
I seem to have picked up a touch of the flu and spent three days this week at home, taking my meds and feeling really lousy. In spite of this, I still got a lot of stuff done! Hopefully this week will be better!
That’s all for this week!
With that, I’m all out of news. As always, I’ll keep you posted about any further developments. I wish you all a pleasant week until next time!