Hello friends and fans!
Welcome to my 31st newsletter!
Newsletter time already? Wow – how time flies! It’s hard to believe it’s July already, isn’t it? If it weren’t for the creeping cold I’d still think it was February!
During the past month, I’ve managed to update and re-release some of my older works which I felt were in need of it. I also managed, while I was at it, to release three new titles! Yes, it’s hard to believe, isn’t it? Anyway, of the five titles released, two were completely new items. “Malice!” was a concept I’d never done before – being a collection of specifically horror short stories, and “Season’s Change“, which I edited and published on behalf of my dearest love Wendy K. Engela.
- “Static” and “Life Signs” (Panic! Horror In Space) were released in June 2019.
- “The Upside Of Sadness”, a collection of Christina’s poetry, was released in June 2019.
- “Season’s Change“, a poetry collection by Wendy K. Engela (edited by Christina) also appeared in June 2019.
- “Malice!” a collection of Christina’s horror short stories, also appeared in June 2019.
- “The Pink Community – The Facts” – an activist’s resource book (FREE) was also updated and re-released.
On A Personal Note
As I indicated last time, I’m still on hiatus from the new title in Quantum (Underground Movement) – but that doesn’t mean I’ve been sitting on my ass doing nothing! No, no, no – far from it! I’ve been busy with marketing. That’s right, M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G… the bane of the indie writer! It’s a bloody millstone around my neck, to be blunt. All that effort spent sharing posts about my various works on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Authors Database, Instagram, Olto, GoodReads etc… for little return or reward in the form of purchases, “likes” or shares… it can be relatively soul-destroying, if you have a soul to start off with, that is… ha ha ha.
Anyway, that aside, I finished formatting “Static” and “Life Signs” (Panic! Horror In Space). “Life Signs” includes “Lange’s Legacy” which until June used to be a standalone book in Galaxii – “Lange’s Legacy”. After a great deal of thought, I decided that, because the story itself was contained between the “brackets” as it were, of the characters of Panic!, the story might fit in better in the new second volume of that series instead. If you were wondering what happened to “Lange’s Legacy”, well, now you know!
Last month I also revised and re-released “Space Sucks!” (my collection of short sci-fi stories)… I’m currently working on the sequel to that – “Space Sucks Too!”, and as soon as I’m done with the last story for that, I’ll be posting updates.
- Fan Mail, Reviews & Honorable Mentions
I found the following items to display here in this months issue:
Nothing new to show you this time!
I display my Fan Mail & Compliments with pride, gratitude and humility. You are always welcome to have a look.
- Hate Mail & Horrible Mentions
- June 26, 2019 This one came from a local self-appointed “pastor”, posted on a Facebook advert for “Malice!“. I wonder if he ever realized it’s a collection of horror short stories?
- June 02, 2019 …And a mundane comment on Facebook from someone who admits he has no life.
I’m rather proud of my hate mail, and you can review it here – but be forewarned, don’t do it while eating or drinking or you might choke while laughing!
If you would like to do an interview with me about my works, please do get in touch!
CHRISTINA WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU! A few nice words go a long way! Please leave your REVIEWS wherever you see Christina’s books – or just send her an email via the Contact form!
Well, that’s all for this time, folks! 🙂
I’ve got more marketing to do! Perhaps, if I’m lucky, I’ll still get around to some writing as well!
Thanks again for all your support, friendship and interaction! Until next time, keep reading!
Catch me on social media!
All material copyright © Christina Engela, 2019.