“It has been a while since I last read a book in the Quantum series and I’m glad to see Christina Engela is on form yet again to deliver an immersive brand of sci-fi. With the usual humour and occasional stab at the forces who chose not to embrace inclusivity there’s a relevant and meaningful social commentary here. Much like most of Engela’s stories they contain heroes of all backgrounds – a positive and modern choice while also being quite enjoyable.
‘On Deanna, a seed had been planted, a sinister, malevolent seed…’
These heroes are spread around the planet of Deanna which has been taken over by a totalitarian regime who have suppressed the diverse inhabitants. This story lays out their movements in creating a force for resistance and they’ll do everything they can to fight back from this suppressive regime. From dealing with local mobsters to gain equipment to even meddling with the concept of the time space continuum – time travel in this series is a focal point and a vessel that will hopefully guide Deanna to freedom. There are even vampires so all of the cool story bases are covered here.
Underground Movement is an appropriate title for a book which recaps the series so far with some returning faces like ‘Fred the Arborian’ and ‘Gary Beck the Badfeller’ plus many more while also paving a way for what is to come. Enjoyable and immersive.
4 Stars” – Lee Hall, UK writer & reviewer, June 1, 2023.
- Quantum Characters & Plot Devices
- Quantum Spice – The Story Behind The Series
- The Quantum Series: Coming Soon!
- A Little More About The Coming New Titles In The Quantum Series
- 50 Secrets, Insights & Behind The Scenes Nuggets In “Underground Movement”, “Xanadu” & “The Last Hurrah”
- New Releases: Quantum Books 7, 8 & 9!
- New Release: “Underground Movement” Audiobook