Hello, friends and fans!
Welcome to my 76th monthly newsletter! Pull up a chair, let’s chat! In this month’s newsletter: updates on publishing, reviews and news. Let’s take a look at this months’ “stuff”!
Some General News
Whoops! You caught me! Somehow, it seems I’ve completely missed a monthly newsletter! I wonder how that happened?!
Wait – I know – it’s because I’ve been busy almost solid since the end of March writing three whole books at once!
Seriously – no shit!
On April 5 I completed the first draft of “Underground Movement“, while I was also working on the first drafts of “Xanadu” and “The Last Hurrah” which I also completed on the 20th and the 29th respectively. This entire month has been wall-to-wall writing! That said, all three these stories are now ready for publication – and as soon as I release them, I will be sure to let you know!
In the meantime, it seems I was so distracted by writing and editing that I somehow completely forgot to do the newsletter for April! Oh well, I’m sure you won’t hold it against me, right?
Moving on to other matters.
News About Writing & Publishing:
This is the current state of things:
- Writing: The present story arc in the Quantum Series is now complete! This story takes the quirky characters and residents of the planet Deanna through their darkest, most uncertain times yet – and provided quite a challenge to me as a writer! The completion of these books is a milestone for me, and yes, I’m really excited about it!Meanwhile here are the new covers for the three new books, coming soon!
During March, I completed my second academic paper for the year in the field of new religious movements (NRM), “What is Satanism – Really? And What Isn’t? A Concise Definition Of Christianity-created Pseudo-satanism (CCPS)“! This paper draws heavily on several of the other papers I wrote in the same field of New Religious Movements, namely:
- “Satanism: The Acid Test” (2013),
- “Satanism vs Pseudo-satanism: Disambiguation And Argument Against Conflation From Within Religious Satanism” (2021),
- “A Date With The Devil – Occult & Satanic Calendars Debunked” (2021) and
- “Devil’s Advocate: The 666 Gangs – Why They Aren’t Satanists, How They Distorted South African Law Enforcement’s Perception Of Occult Religions, & The Consequences” (2021).
- “By Their Fruits You Shall Know Them: A Proposed Framework By Which To Understand & Categorize Self-proclaimed ‘Occult Experts’” (2023).
- New Anthology Mention: I’m happy to mention that I’m a contributor to this new anthology! 🙂
2023 SciFi Anthology: The Science Fiction Novelists kindle version launched on March 31st. Paperback and Hardcovers available through Amazon. Also available for Amazon Prime accounts. This book contains two of my short stories, “I, Mac” and “The Ghost & The Machine”.
- What the readers say: Here are some of the comments I received for my article on the SA Satanic Church :
On April 23, Georgia McNabb left a review on Audible for When Darkness Calls.
On April 28, Georgia McNabb left a review on Audible for “Black Sunrise“.
I will, as always, keep you updated.
Quantity AND Quality
The quantity and quality of my work appears to bother some people. I’m not sure if that’s down to jealousy, or what… For example, some seem to think 35 books is a lot to have written. Okay, it is a lot – especially to people who’ve only maybe written one, or maybe none. Of perhaps half as many.
35. It’s quite a number, right? And that’s not even including the three new ones that I still have to release! Okay, now I’m getting a big head… moving on…
Currently Available Titles:
My books are available as eBooks, Paperbacks, and Audiobooks, and you can find them everywhere. Click the links in the slideshow below to view titles available in these formats.
If you’re still wondering where to find them in the format of your choice, you should read “Where To Get My Books – Specially For My South African Readers!” (recently updated).
My most recent new releases in 2022 were “Sentinel” (May 07, 2022), “We All Fall Down” (July 27, 2022), “Christina Engela’s Strangely Compelling Scifi” (September 5, 2022), followed by “Space Really Sucks!” (December 19, 2022).
You can view all 19 of my audiobooks here.
Feedback & Communication
You can see all my previous reviews here.
I have no new interviews to show you this time, but all my interviews are linked to from this page.
What The Readers Say:
All my reader comments are linked to from this page.
This past month, I found the following awesome reader’s reviews on Audible!
You’re welcome to browse through the videos on my YouTube video channel! I’m not really the performing seal type, but I do my best! There’s also a 13 minute animated movie on there, called “Bang, Splat!“, based on characters and settings from “The Time Saving Agency“.
Below are links to a few of my most recent posts or articles since my previous newsletter:
- A Peek At My Week! #99
- A Peek At My Week! #98
- A Peek At My Week! #97
- A Little More About The Coming New Titles In The Quantum Series
- A Peek At My Week! #96
- The Quantum Series: Coming Soon!
- A Peek At My Week! #95
- A Peek At My Week! #94
- Amusing, Odd & Funny Last Names For Your Characters
- A Peek At My Week! #93
- The Dragon Eater – J. Scott Coatsworth
- A Peek At My Week! #92
- What Happened To The South African Satanic Church? …And Other Unanswered Questions
- Why Should LGBT+ People Read Books By Christina Engela?
- A Peek At My Week! #91
- What is Satanism – Really? And What Isn’t? An Academic Assessment
- Christina Engela’s Monthly Newsletter: #75 March 2023
In spite of some of my books having been on Amazon since 2005, not one of them has yet reached 10 reviews, let alone 50! I would really appreciate your help on this! Come on, leave a review – it’s free!
Thanks again for all your support, sharing, friendship and interaction!