Hello friends and fans!
A question I’m often asked is “where can I find your books?” so I thought I should make a post about that subject! Here it is then – a list of places where you can find my books! For starters, you can find them pretty much anywhere online now!
Let’s start with the international online market first, and then I’ll focus on the local South African market after!
My books outside South Africa:
The following online stores are based outside South Africa but also distribute to SA and have easily accessible payment methods (debit/credit cards, PayPal etc.) These are also listed with the best or biggest at the top.
- Amazon – when all else fails, there’s Amazon. They sell my books in eBook, paperback and audiobook versions, and at least offer visitors the courtesy of viewing prices in South African Rands. All you need to do is point at the little flag displayed in the title bar at the top of the screen to change the options. Most of the eBooks there retail around R50, which isn’t bad – except that Amazon is the greediest platform of the lot, keeping the lion’s share of proceeds for itself, giving the change to the poor author. Links in the slider below all point to the books on Amazon.
- Audible – If audiobooks are your thing, I have nineteen titles already available on Audible. Audible is connected to Amazon and has the same secure payment options, and audiobooks from Audible are also available via Amazon itself.
- Smashwords – They sell quite a lot of my eBooks, in fact eBooks are their focus.
My books IN South Africa, or in SA currency:
I’ve compiled a list specially for my South African readers – because I know how horrible the exchange rate is from Souf Efriken Ronts to USD, Pounds and Euros. As you probably know, eBooks are far cheaper (or should be cheaper) to buy than print books – although I know of some authors whose eBooks are the same price as the print copies – ridiculous, I know! Anyway, in my case, my eBooks are far cheaper than the print versions.
The following online stores sell eBook versions of my books either in South Africa, or in our local currency (the lesser-spotted Souf Efrikin Ront), or use online buying platforms which are easy for South Africans to use. You are then directed to download the purchased eBook.
I’ve listed these sites below, in alphabetical order.
- Hally Park Online Book Store (based in SA, sells my eBooks locally and has easy pay options.)
- Kobo (a Canadian company which lists books as paperbacks and eBooks in SA currency (ZAR) and has easy pay options.)
The following SA online stores sell print versions of my books – and not the eBook versions (that’s insane, right?) and after the printing costs and postage fees are added onto each one, you see prices like the ones on their sites! I honestly recommend the eBooks, folks – you pay almost nothing for them in comparison to the print versions, and you get them virtually instantly as opposed to waiting more than a month for the hardcopies to be mailed to you! That’s right – in the second decade of the 21st century, South African book retailers are still stuck in the 1980s and don’t touch eBooks! It’s sad really. Tragic.
- Exclusive Books (an SA book chain – only paperback versions, some display covers missing from their site!)
- Loot (another SA retailer – only paperback versions of my books at prices that make my blood curdle!)
- Takealot (only seems to have one of my paperback books listed.)
So you see, you can find my books very easily – even if you live in South Africa – and now that you know this, I hope to be seeing a lot more of you!
That’s all for now!
As always, feel free to email me if you have any comments or questions!
Catch me on social media!
All material copyright © Christina Engela, 2021.